National Account Manager - Walmart
- Bentonville, AR, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The National Account Manager contributes to our Values and Vision by maximizing long-term BIC brand volume while delivering short-term volume and profit goals with one of our largest customers. This person must maintain high-level customer contacts and relationships. This position also has the responsibility to communicate and implement BIC national initiatives, policies and standards to cross functional groups including: The Merchant Team, Logistics, Inventory, Marketing, Promo Planning and Third Party Merchandising Partners. Internally, it is imperative that the NAM communicates our customers’ needs across the BIC structure to develop and implement business building programs.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales forecast objective
- Achieves distribution, pricing, promotion and shelving objectives within our stationery segments
- Manages BDF/MDF to meet or exceed sales forecast achievement, while staying within budget and policy guidelines
- Forecasts sales volume in collaborative
- Manages expenses within company policy guidelines
- Develops expertise of:
- Customer business environment and needs
- Respective category and market
- Competitive strategy
- BIC internal operating policy and procedures
- Develops long term relationships with customer’s key personnel.
- Communicates information and customer needs across the BIC organization. Leads, organizes and facilitates both internal and external teams to meet customer’s needs.
- Develops customer business plans that take into account long-term goals, strategies and results.
- Considers the profit and volume implications of various alternatives to both BIC and our customer.
- Develops conceptual presentations drawing from all internal and external resources needed.
- Negotiates business plans at customer business planning sessions that achieve business unit’s short and long-term volume and profit goals while conforming to BIC policies. These plans should ensure customer performance at or above standards in all key merchandising areas: Distribution, Pricing, Shelf and Promotion.
- Work closely with the Supply-Demand Planning Team at BIC/Customer to ensure correct forecast is implemented and executed
- Has frequent internal contact within the organization and frequent contact in representing BIC to the Customer. Serves as the primary spokesperson on matters of significance. Has frequent contact on some major projects including Category Reviews, Comp Shop Analysis, POG reviews, Strategic Marketing Ideas, Promotional Offerings and Strategic Spending Proposals.
Successful candidates will possess:
- 3-5 years’ selling experience of increasing levels of sales and supervisory responsibility in the consumer products industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study.
- A high in-depth knowledge of consumer products industry, with an emphasis on stationery, to execute direct sales, order management and logistics and retail sales coverage. Ideally, this same high in-depth knowledge and experience of internal functions (i.e., Sales Resources, Business Planning, Marketing and Customer Service).
- This position requires a winning positive attitude from a competent and competitive individual who can work and lead teams of people.
- The position requires an office in the Bentonville, AR, BIC office and the ability to manage a challenging and demanding work load.
- Requires high level of original, independent and innovative thinking applied to highly complex projects, goals and objectives; a high level of ability to develop methods, procedures, techniques and ideas in new, undefined and rapidly changing situations.
- A high degree of ability to facilitate problem solving and decision making. Able to solve problems by identifying alternatives, assessing risk and taking or directing actions to solve the problem or implement the decision of an often-complex nature.
- Must be able to work across the full management environment including working with both the Customer and BIC senior management.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.