Utility Operator (3rd shift)
- Gaffney, SC, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The Utility Operator will possess the ability to work with molding, assembly and material handling equipment, maintain molded component inventory and perform quality checks in a high-speed automated manufacturing environment. This role will work in a team environment and should also possess some mechanical aptitude and strong communication skills to provide the highest quality support to the BIC Gaffney team.
- Operation and troubleshooting of injection molding machines
- Perform quality checks on all molded components
- Material handling and inventory of molded components and all raw materials
- Support assembly machines as needed
- Perform minor preventive maintenance on molding machines
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Previous high-speed automated manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience with injection/blow molding is a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand/walk for duration of shift
- Ability to perform basic mathematic computations for parts inventory and quality record keeping
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaboratively work with BIC team members in order to provide production and maintenance support
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and desire to deliver results
- Availability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Ability to qualify to operate walk-behind forklift
Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.