- Toronto, ON, Canada
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Our Production Coordinator will be responsible for third-party production and in-house production, packaging and inventory coordination/scheduling for vendor manage inventory and 3rd party co-packing, and shipping and customer appointment coordination with 3 to 4 co-packing facilities.
- Create yearly/monthly/weekly third-party production plans & paperwork for receiving, staging, production reporting and shipping.
- Post/align schedule updates on all custom projects with customer delivery and compliance details.
- Identifying/recommending appropriate inventory levels and forecasts for Vendor Inventory Management Program by working closely with the Sales, Supply Planning and Production Teams.
- Create purchase and production orders.
- Maintain OneDrive supplier PO, customization and Price database.
- Be back up for processing SPR’s and NIST for new projects.
- Review incoming & outgoing material for quality issues.
- Create, review and distribute production instructions, data processing specifications, documents and proofs as required and prioritize scheduling to ensure customer compliance requirements are met.
- Conduct internal fill test builds for internal approval, confirmation of materials, assembly instructions and quality.
- Conduct First-Off approval and maintain display image database.
- Schedule and coordinate the efficient delivery dates with third-party contractors.
- Coordinate with ops team, suppliers and contractors to implement corrective and preventive action plan.
- Work with Marketing & Sales Coordinator to ensure artwork on-time completion and print proof sign-off.
- Conduct yearly supplier reviews with Packaging Engineer and Distribution Manager.
- Conduct yearly material & labor cost analysis with Packaging Engineer.
- Bachelors degree required in Industrial Engineering or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in production planning/coordination
- Knowledge of Oracle, Sap or Visual Manufacturing ERP
- Multi-tasking & Strong Analytical/ Planning skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.