- Gaffney, SC, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
Maintain and repair production machinery, construct and install new equipment and associated electric installations, and provide emergency repairs to facility systems.
- Using PLCs as a tool to troubleshoot machine controls
- Electro-mechanical troubleshooting
- Be able to read electrical prints
- Panel and field wiring using prints and/or directions from engineer
- Shift electrical support
- Run conduits and pull wires
- Install and replace ceiling lighting fixtures
- Troubleshoot and install maintenance equipment
- Perform electrical PM on production equipment
- Experience with 480VAC disconnects, bus plugs, bus ducts, transformers
- Follow lockout/tagout procedures
- Follow arc flash and electrical safety procedures
- Machine neatness and electrical safety
- Keep electrical shop and electrical parts area clean
Electrical spare parts upkeep
- Communicate with supervisor if the parts inventory level is low
Mechanic technician coverage
- Be able to provide machine coverage for mechanic's daily duties when needed
- Daily mold greasing
Call-in coverage and overtime work
- Call-in duty to provide electrical support during designated weekends
- Overtime work on extended shifts
Qualified candidates must have:
A related Associates Degree, or have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an automated facility
5 years working knowledge and experience with automation and controls
Experience in equipment installations
Experience with vision systems and robots are a plus
Must demonstrate/have experience in:
Working knowledge of PLCs and be able to use PLCs to troubleshoot machinery
Electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills
AC and DC drives
Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
Facility electrical maintenance
Using prints to perform panel wiring
Knowledge of NEC standards
Must perform all tasks safely and be self-motivated. Must be able to work safely in 480VAC power panels and have experience in breaker panels and overhead 480V bus duct and follow arc flash safety procedures.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.