Global Portfolio Director
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Global Portfolio Director is accountable for managing the end to end strategy for the Shaver portfolio. This person will be the segment owner and expert providing a link between market knowledge, consumer knowledge and business development. There will be three (3) Global Portfolio Directors each of them responsible for a single BIC category – Shaving, Writing or Coloring.
- Becoming the single point of expertise and reference on portfolio market & consumer knowledge and business development
- Driving portfolio thought leadership - telling the story of the category – throughout the global organization rooted in strategic corporate objectives
- Immersing all stakeholders in the strategy and value of portfolio
- Stakeholders include: Regions Marketing Directors & Center of Excellence for Portfolio Meetings & Cluster Marketing Managers, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Global Innovation Center and Brand Director as well as Leadership Team involved with BIC Innovation Council
- Collaborating with Global Branding Director, Sustainability Director and Global Education Director to fuel growth for BIC brand portfolios
- Participates in the category strategy to help drive corporate strategy
- Defines the portfolio strategy per continent:
- Global (not country level) portfolio / assortment strategies including the list of trends & impact per segments
- Prioritized list of opportunities to grow per region / segment & sizing
- Risks to mitigate
- Defines and delivers the short-medium-long term innovation road maps
- Manages the innovation councils and Portfolio Meetings with leadership and continents
- Manages and prioritizes the teams to deliver all the relevant launch plans and toolkits to the continents
- Build, inspire and lead team of five brand leaders:
- Senior Brand Manager Strategy
- Senior Brand Manager
- Brand Manager
- Innovation Senior Manager
- Innovation Brand Manager
- Build and nurture relationships with two Global Portfolio Director colleagues and key cross functional partners including Regions, Center of Excellence and Cluster Marketing, Consumer & Market Intelligence and Innovation colleagues
- Financial objectives to double the weight of innovation as a % of net sales over the next 5 years in a profitable and sustainable way.
- Bachelors Degree Required; MBA preferred
- 14+ years of global brand building experience in consumer packaged goods
- Ability to work collaboratively across geographies to drive portfolio growth
- Proven ability to manage P&L with global business orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with leaders on all levels both inside and outside the organization inspiring others through personal style and delivery
- Track record in brand development driven by expertise in brand strategy, market and consumer insight and innovation
- Passion for consumer and marketplace fueled by an ability to create, articulate and execute a strategic vision and execute upon it globally
- Creativity and out of the box thinking
- Innovation acumen
- Collaborative spirit
- Agility and grit that delivers results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Global mindset and passion for growth
- Ability to travel 25% of the year
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.