Production Supervisor (1st Shift)
- Charlotte, NC, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Under the direction of the Associate Packaging Manager, Production Supervisor (1st Shift) has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all production activities ensuring continuous improvement. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision and development of the hourly production associates as well as the performance of the production lines running various equipment to include Form, Fill, Seal Blister Machines, Horizontal Flow Wrappers, Shrink Wraps, Robots, and manual packaging lines. The Production Supervisor will work to improve our machine efficiencies and our processes. He/she will be accountable for achieving assigned company objectives regarding budget, productivity and customer service.
- Assist in the hiring process for the production associates, conduct orientations and training for newly hired employees.
- Understanding and knowledge of labor standards to determine how the labor force will be best utilized.
- Communication of Goals and Objective Standards with production personnel.
- Adherence to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive but not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC.
Coordination or activities including the growth and development of their team
Functions include planning and scheduling production activities for a three shift manufacturing operation, monitoring labor and production to ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and production objectives are met.
Monitor machine efficiencies and production output against weekly schedule.
Process improvement objectives
Must be willing to work off-shifts when needed to address training and/or interpersonal needs.
This position may require limited international travel on rare occasions.
Any other duties as may be assigned
- Must have three (3) years of management experience in a production environment or equivalent leadership experience
- Bachelors’ Degree (Preferably in Business, Engineering, or related field required)
- Strong ability to develop and lead teams fostering an engaged, involved work force
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive continuous improvement
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software, JD Edwards and Manhattan Associates WMS or similar systems
- Ability to analyze, develop, initiate, and implement plans and strategies to achieve goals
- Experience with material handling equipment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Technical background considered a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly desired
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.