Wave Planner/Shipping Specialist
- Charlotte, NC, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Working under the direction of the Outbound Supervisor and Operations Manager, the Wave Planner/Shipping Specialist role will create effective and efficient preview waves, run the appropriate release waves, and maintain a constant flow of work for the production and shipping operations. They will be responsible for creating the daily operations report for the morning operations call with the corporate Supply Chain team.
- Possess a working knowledge of our customer priorities, requirements, and compliance guidelines.
- Has knowledge of the forward-pick areas and the impact of waves to each area.
- Has knowledge of the sortation system and its capacity.
- Ensures timely replenishment of stock to picking areas.
- Assists in the hiring process for the warehouse staff and conducts orientations and training for newly hired employees.
- Supports the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the DC.
- Understands and has knowledge of labor standards to determine how the labor resources will be best utilized.
- Has knowledge and experience with transportation industry to ensure the proper handling of our freight carriers.
- Operates in compliance with federal, state and local statutes. Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive but not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC.
- Supports and maintains company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping and safety of equipment and facilities in a manner that assures their most efficient operation.
- Monitors warehouse supplies to ensure no-stock outages.
- Supervises the department when needed.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Prefer two (2) or more years of warehouse management experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Access, JD Edwards and Manhattan Associates WMS or similar systems.
- Has knowledge and experience with Bar Coding equipment.
- Has knowledge of Logistics automation – scanning equipment, RF systems, conveyors, and high-speed sortation systems.
- Ability to analyze, develop, initiate, and implement plans and strategies to achieve goals.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.