Manager Global eCom, Omni channel/B2B/Market places development
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The purpose of this position is to lead the acceleration of select omnichannel retailers, B2B, Markets places in key country priorities with accountability for development and implementation of overall e-commerce strategy
- via Market assessment for best e-commerce channel segment/eRetailer sales potentials (omni, marketplaces, B2B)
- via Market assessment for best digital shelf and e-commerce demand/conversion drivers including (but not limited to): Search, Pricing/Promotions, Assortment, Ratings & Reviews, Content, and holistic investment strategies to drive growth in the channel
- via development and delivery of Playbooks, new e-commerce capability infrastructure (e.g. data, reporting for the channel), and training as an expert
- Manages the collaboration with the local e-commerce team and all involved local markets departments of the project concerned.
- Interface with 3rd party data involved.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead e-commerce channel, competitive, portfolio analysis for the selected priority markets & category segments to inform action plans
Define & Develop
- Identify team mix of local cross-functional team and scope project
- Develop targeted action plans based country specific opportunities to expand e-commerce footprint
- Develop fundamentals assets (assortment, 4P’s, Content, Ratings & reviews, search) for specific targeted plans
- Build new/expanded customer/platform accounts and supporting operational models (e.g. fulfillment, local talent strategy, distributor partnerships, etc.)
- Select 3rd party agency & deploy analytical tools to measure results of sales and media performance to optimize on monthly basis
- Deliver monthly KPI reporting on sales performance and recommended drivers to optimize performance
- Online market share and competitive monitoring with deployment of tactics to beat competition
- Preferred 5-7+ years of e-commerce and customer and/or category management experience and/or Marketing experience
- Extensive business knowledge and understanding of consumers goods e-commerce market. Customer experience with Walmart and /or Walmart.com, or any other Omni channel/B2B retailer is a real plus.
- Strong analytical skills and experience turning insights into actions
- Strong project management skills to manage projects in a very time constrained environment with different departments and the ability to lead major projects to execute on product line strategy and goals
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills as demonstrated by successful determination and execution of product strategies
- Strong collaboration skills
- Interpersonal skills as the position will be dealing with Countries and potentially outside suppliers
- Excellent communication skills including written, oral, and active listening skills
- Positive attitude, resilience to adversity, demonstrated conflict-management skills
- Ideally internationally and locally experienced with online sales and/or customer and/or marketing and product development
- Fluent in English (another language is a plus)
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the year
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.