Senior Commercial Learning and Development Manager
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The purpose of this position is to lead the Commercial Learning & Development function with accountability for development and implementation of best practice sales excellence programs aimed at growing revenue and profit for the organization. The Senior Commercial Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for: updating training content to address sales force needs, and the development of a solid construction learning infrastructure.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
Define sales learning strategy to deliver BIC’s objectives (e.g., growth, ROI, customer satisfaction) and ensure organizational alignment and buy-in.
Perform thorough sales capability audit; in particular:
Set-up initial capability assessment across all continents and sales positions
Deploy yearly identification of core competencies by role, capability gaps and priorities
Design and update “Best-in-Class” program content and delivery
Define and shape “Best-in-Class” program instruction
Partner with subject matter experts and resources, both internally and externally, to implement and deploy learning solutions
Act as main trainer and ambassador for the sales academy
Collaborate with HR to update and maintain training content quality
Support “Best-in-Class” training architecture, including new training formats, with online courses and user-friendly online material
Collaborate with other functions to gather input in sales force training
Monitor program implementation and ensure impact
Design certification journey based on role, time-in-job and capability gaps, with a blend of mandatory and optional material
Monitor training attendance and program effectiveness
Collaborate with HR to integrate certification in talent review process to drive performance management and career planning
Implement a sales efficiency program to ensure increased ROI from our selling operations, including:
Key account planning processes
Sales force automation
Sales incentive policy
- Manages 2 direct reports: Sr. Manager Commercial Capability Design & Governance & Sr. Manager Commercial, Sales Efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related commercial field
- 10 + years of business experience in sales roles within FMCG
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience (includes training and talent development experience)
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large multi-site operations organization
- Demonstrates strong track records in conducting learning and development activities to develop the sales team, preferably in Consumer Goods industry
- Demonstrates strong track records in conducting sales and negotiation with clients
- Strong interpersonal, selling skills and capability to communicate effectively with different level of people inside/outside of organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrix environment
- Winning spirit and manner, self-motivated
- Ability to travel 30% of the year
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.