Sr. IT Business Analyst
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Senior Business Analyst will serve as a member of the Global IT Group and be a representative for the North America based business partners. This position will be responsible for understanding business requirements and translating them into IT requirements to build the information systems.
- Understand the various possible applications and translate the business requirement into the proper IT target
- Design and validate solutions independently and coordinate with the business and global counterparts to ensure the proposed solutions fit into the global strategy and application framework
- Act as the primary strategic advisor to the business partners
- Conduct requirements-gathering activities and stakeholder interviews
- Produce and deliver high level and detailed IT functional specifications
- Program applications and/or directly lead a team of programmers
- Deploy Global applications/processes
- Perform application testing
- Organize and facilitate workshops
- Perform end user training and support
- Act as a trusted counterpart on functional issues and interact with employees at all levels
- Provide systems and analytical knowledge
- Assist in quality control and project management activities
- Participate in the resolution of business support tickets
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Information Systems majors preferred
- 4 to 6 years’ experience relevant experience
- Proven knowledge in various functional areas (Supply Chain preferred)
- Previous experience with Manhattan Associates WMS a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal & project management skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
- Excellent relationship builder
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly visible complex projects
- Must be an excellent multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to successfully navigate, collaborate and drive results in a global matrix environment
- JDE / ERP experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in the CPG/FMCG industry a plus
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle a plus
- Part of a global team; experience in global organizations a plus
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.