- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for completing journal entries, maintaining the general ledger, and producing financial statements within a short time frame. They take a lead role in facilitating all phases of the budgeting process while providing all required results within the time frame set forth.
- Perform monthly closing procedures including: complex journal entries to produce financial statements within a very short time frame
- Perform analysis of monthly financial statements and summarize financial statistics
- Complete semi-annual requirements for International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) package
- Responsible for certain general ledger and inter-company accounts including: reconciling schedules, confirming balances, and completing monthly analysis
- Investigate and interpret any reconciling items on account analyses
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the integrity of general ledger accounts
- Work closely with other departments and use system knowledge to design reports and research information to solve complex accounting problems
- Provide lead role in facilitating all phases of the budget and forecast to obtain accurate information and provide results within the required time frame
- Provide comparative analysis of Actual results vs. Budget and Forecast throughout the year
- Support Management on special projects as needed
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years accounting experience in a profit driven organization
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and other Microsoft Office software programs
- Expertise with sophisticated computerized accounting systems such as JD Edwards or other comparable software packages and complex financial analysis
- Experience in Hyperion software a plus, but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and perform well in a team environment
- Willingness to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems/methods as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a solid knowledge of accounting theory, are essential
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards a plus
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.