Lighter Assembly Master Mechanic
- Milford, CT, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
2nd shift (3:30 pm - 11:30 pm)
Weekend Work Crew 2 (Saturday - Monday)
**All employees must be shift flexible**
- Set up, maintain and repair lighter assembly machinery
- Troubleshoot machine issues during shift, evaluate situation as it related to production and perform repairs to maximize quality, safety and efficiency in the department
- Responsible for maintaining specific equipment in the department and be able to investigate and track machine issues
- Responsible for organizing work in order to facilitate completion of scheduled T.P.M. and correct outstanding machine issues while maximizing machine efficiencies
- Responsible for implementing continuous improvement modifications and changes required to standardize machine set up
- Required to attend shift turnover meetings and communicate all necessary information to maximize quality, safety and efficiency
· Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
Education, Training and Experience:
· Vocational Technical School graduate or Trade/Military equivalent
· Five (5) + years of trade experience in a manufacturing environment
· Minimum score of eighty (80) on Standard Timing Model
· Team Player: Must be able to work effectively with others: M&O’s, Electricians, Mold Set Up, Management, etc., in order to solve problems and pursue continuous improvement opportunities
· Flexibility/Adaptability: Must be able to work effectively in an environment where priorities and assigned tasks change quickly. Must show a willingness to make decisions
· Self-Direction /Initiative: Must be able to work effectively with little direct supervision. Must be able and willing to make decisions
Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!