Lighter Assembly Operator
- Milford, CT, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Weekend Work Crew 1 (Friday - Saturday)
Weekend Work Crew 2 (Saturday - Monday)
**All employees must be shift flexible**
- Operate (2) Two automated production machines and equipment in a safe manner and according to Standard Operating Procedures and Training.
- Provide machines with individual components and supplies to maintain effective operations as well as shift end filling requirements.
- Complete product change overs in a timely manner.
- Address machine stops in a timely manner and work with mechanics for repair operations.
- Perform necessary hourly quality checks to set standards and maintain required quality documents and shift reports.
- Perform quality checks utilizing a microscope and precision indicators.
- Utilize basic hand tools necessary to operate machine efficiently.
- Complete traceability paperwork for all lighter components and completed product.
- Perform general and specific hourly, daily, and weekly, housekeeping tasks to provide for a clean and orderly work environment.
· Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Safe working experience with high-speed, automated production machines.
- Ability to lift 15 lbs. repetitively and up to 50 lbs. for periods of time.
- Requires ability to stand for up to 12 hours
- Must qualify within department
- Candidate must be shift flexible
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment with limited supervision, and independently when necessary.
- Follow and understand complex procedural and verbal instructions.
- Must effectively communicate within organization for support of both materials needed as well as production performance and maintenance degraders.
- Attention to detail.
- Must Qualify on current and future configurations of machines and equipment.
- Must have and maintain satisfactory records for safety, quality, work performance and attendance with no current written disciplines.
- Communicate effectively with other departments, organizations, and leadership teams.
- Complete other assignments as required to maintain safety and production goals.
- Overtime and weekend work are required.
- Work within a Class I Division II environment.
Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.
BIC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!