Associate Manager, Content Development
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
BIC has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic creative content developer with 3-5 years of professional experience to fill the newly-created global role of Associate Manager, Content Development, supporting the Group Communications Team based in Shelton, Conn. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for creating compelling, eye-catching and high-quality creative content for a range of print, broadcast, digital and social channels within a legacy company in the midst of exciting global change!
Reporting into the Senior Manager, the Associate Manager will play an instrumental role in both global and regional campaigns and communications needs. Core responsibilities for the position include leading BIC’s in-house global video and production studio, serving as the department’s go-to resource for graphic design needs and pushing the team into new white space creative opportunities as the content landscape continues to evolve.
While the team has certain specific responsibilities for the role, this is an opportunity for a self-starter to help build an internal creative studio from the foundation. Read through the below and tell us what we’re missing!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute creative, goal-oriented campaigns and content that will bring the BIC story alive through compelling videos, graphics and written content, in support of our business and communications goals.
- Create engaging written and visually dynamic content that informs, entertains and engages internal and external audiences. Content includes videos, graphics, articles, web and social media visuals, ads, newsletters, photos, animations, presentations, etc.
- Serve as a go-to resource for video production and editing and graphic design, advising business partners about best practices in telling stories in compelling, dynamic and engaging ways.
- Execute with a high degree of creativity, innovation and an eye for detail
- Lead projects in their entirety: from initial brainstorming, researching, scripting, filming, editing, designing and distribution.
- Maintain BIC branding and voice.
- Stay abreast of new creative channels and ideas
- Maintain on-site video studio and editing equipment.
- Log and curate visual assets used in advertising, presentations, online and in meetings.
- Help maintain content calendar, ensuring proper execution and timely results delivery
- Provide logistical and AV support for meetings and events.
- Serve as a reporter, displaying curiosity in unearthing interesting stories that bring to life BIC, its people, its products and its corporate initiatives.
- Support the Group Communications Team as needed with other communications programs.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Multimedia, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field required
- 3-5 years of professional experience developing a range of creative content for print, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Implemented many video and design projects in their entirety: initial brainstorming, researching, storyboarding, scripting, filming, editing, designing and distribution.
- Created effective content for both quick wins and longer-running campaigns, with experience ensuring consistency in corporate branding and voice and optimizing content for different channels
- Strong aesthetic sense, a keen eye for photography, design, typography, and familiarity with current design trends and best practices for video, print and digital content.
- Experience supporting events and meetings including logistical set up, maintaining audio/visual equipment, developing shareable content for post-event distribution.
- Journalism, consumer goods and working with a global team is a bonus.
- Strong writer and creative visual storyteller
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro and relevant creative platforms.
- Must have the ability to deliver under high pressure deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to anticipate roadblocks and come up with alternative solutions quickly
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and grow as part of a global team.
- Ability to show visual communications and writing samples across a variety of communications channels
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.