Trade Marketing Manager Ghana & Cameroon Clusters
- Accra, Ghana
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
- Responsible of the implementation of BTL activities in the territory (Ghana Cluster: Benin, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Togo; and Cameroon Cluster: Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tome & Principe) working closely with West Africa Marketing team, Business Development Managers, Distributors and agencies.
- Responsible for defining the channel strategy (right portfolio, right pack & relevant POSM for the different channels) in the territory
- Responsible of the merchandising implementation in point of sales in the territory
- Develop shopper and competition understanding in order to be more efficient in our promotion, in-store communication and development of packaging in the territory
Main Responsibilities / Tasks:
Marketing Plan conception:
Prioritize channels for each category and define the relevant activities to support growth of the business in the territory
Support the BDM in defining the optimum distribution strategy in the territory
- Define the must have products and relevant POSM for each channel
Marketing Plan execution:
Brief agency for BTL activities implementation
Ensure follow up of activities execution as per brief
Reporting of activities implemented
Work with the distributor’s sales team on POSM implementation
Work with the distributor’s sales team on the availability of must have products per channel
Work with Product Managers on packaging development
Build knowledge on the shopper per category and per channel (Who, What, When, Where)
Define key purchasing drivers par category and per channel
Update price value chain BIC vs. competition for the 3 categories and per channel every quarter
Understand and share main competitors field strategies and competitive advantages in channels
Train & coach distributor’s sales team on merchandising
Candidate Profile: Qualifications / Technical Skills
Good knowledge of sales (channel, distribution, coverage, merchandising)
Good knowledge of marketing (strategy, operational, communication, research)
Good sense of analysis & planning ability
Good interpersonal relationship
Ability to work under pressure
Good communication skills (writing & verbal)
Able to adapt and work in a team
Previous Professional experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Marketing or Sales roles in FMCG or relevant industry
- Master degree in Marketing or Business Administration or equivalent
- Fluent in both French & English. Knowledge of local language(s) a plus.
- Able to travel up to 70% of the time
Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.
BIC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to recruiting, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce in compliance with all applicable Human Rights legislation. The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants.