- Seattle, WA, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Business Manager contributes to our Vision and Values by achieving assigned sales budget objectives. Responsible for maximizing long-term BIC Brand forecast and profit goals while working with midsize to large customers. Responsible for communicating and implementing BIC national initiatives, policies and standards across our customer’s organization structure. Also, communicating and affecting our customer’s needs across the BIC structure. Maintains high-level customer contacts and relationships; builds consumer and customer satisfaction on BIC Brands (Writing Instruments, Lighters, Shavers) and services.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales budget.
- Achieves distribution, pricing, promotion and shelving objectives by brand and customer.
- Manages BDF/MDF funds to meet or exceed sales forecast while staying within budget and policy guidelines.
- Accurately forecasts business.
- Manages expenses within company policy guidelines.
- Support of West Business our 3rd party partner.
- Develops total understanding of: our Customers’ business environment and needs, our category and market, competitive strategy and BIC internal operating policy and procedures.
- Develops long term relationships with customers’ key personnel, department managers and functions through customer penetration.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities with accounts and peers.
- Communicates information and customer needs across the BIC Organization.
- Develops customer business plans that take into account long-term goals, strategies and results. Takes into account the profit and volume implications of various alternatives to both BIC and our customers.
- Develops conceptual presentations drawing from all internal and external resources needed.
- Ensure customer performance at or above standards in all key selling areas: Distribution, Pricing, Shelf and Promotion.
- Ensures complete execution of agreed-upon plans.
- Facilitating plan compliance across both customer and BIC organizations including all administrative details.
- Forecasting customer purchases on a timely basis.
- Communicates and coordinates customer-specific promotions through the BIC and customer organizations.
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of increasing levels of sales responsibility in the consumer products industry
- A broad knowledge of the wholesale and convenience class of trade (prior experience with Food/Drug channel also considered)
- Experience working with syndicated data (IRI/Nielson/etc.)
- Working knowledge of direct sales, order management and logistics, retail sales coverage, wholesalers and indirect customers. Ideally, the same broad knowledge of internal functions, i.e., Business Planning, Customer Development and Customer Service
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Proactive, career-focused self-starter looking to advance; potential to relocate in 2-3 years
- Willingness to travel 40%
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.