- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Procurement Director will be responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies for the regional families of spend controlled within North America Region (NAM). His/ her overarching goal will be to achieve significant year-on-year cost and productivity improvements while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels. Targets will be set annually in accordance with budget. He/ she will work closely with key stakeholders (both Internal and External) to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. In this position, the Procurement Director will manage NAM Regional Buyers and NAM Local Buyers. He/ She will be responsible for attracting and developing talents in order to build a distinctive NAM Regional Sourcing organization. He/ She will report directly to the Global Procurement Director.
As the leader responsible for strategic sourcing effectiveness within NAM Regional and Local families, the Director will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of sourcing strategies for NAM Regional and Local families – The Director will set priorities and performance goals for NAM Regional and Local Buyers, guide strategy development for major families, lead strategic sourcing efforts in specific family areas as necessary/appropriate. He/ she will deploy sourcing best practices within NAM and ensure they are widely adopted
- Monitor strategy implementation – The Director will track and trace forecasted performance vs. actual savings in his/ her region
- Attract, develop, and retain talent base – In conjunction with HR and GPD, the Director will develop a solid technical background to train and develop the skills within the Procurement organization. He/ she will conduct annual reviews with the Regional or Local Buyers to evaluate the technical and business gaps to be filled or improved. The Director will participate in career planning and development for each Strategic Buyer and will assume a mentoring relationship with high-potential sourcing professionals
- Supervise the process to select and monitor suppliers – The Director will oversee the supplier selection and negotiation process for key sourcing teams
- Maintain expertise in the NAM families of spend – Will remain current with market trends through relationships with Regional Family Buyers, suppliers and market experts, and ensure that we have a process to gain access/familiarity with emerging supplier capabilities
- Represent and champion NAM sourcing with key Group stakeholders – The Director will be responsible for communicating overall sourcing trends/results for NAM to the Group GPD and NAM BRMs. He/ she will work together with senior stakeholders (as Finance) to ensure savings are built (and measurable) into budgets and the annual operating plan. He/ she will ensure NAM Procurement team is actively engaged in core business processes
- BA required with MBA preferred; other graduate degree potentially acceptable
- 5-10 years of relevant strategic procurement management experience in a global environment
- TCO approach to spend management
- 1-2 years management experience
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or equivalent desirable
- Must be willing to travel 20%
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.