Quality Technician II
- Charlotte, NC, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Assures QA compliance for established processes and procedures. Assures implementation, evaluation, and assessment criteria are followed for testing. Accurately documents /records results in appropriate software applications while working as part of an integral team member for accomplishing Quality Assurance objectives.
- Coordinate Lighter Incoming inspection processing, and recommend disposition based on review of results; includes schedule matching with business demands and workflow in the lab as well as completeness of testing and documentation.
- Verification of inspection results, reports and communications must be clear, concise, and accurate in support of activities. Assess and record the collection and comparative data analysis of Inspections done globally
- Generate Group Shaver reports specific to incoming inspection evaluations and durability testing of ship test distribution analysis. Conduct periodic analytical testing of product compatibility as needed.
- Work with receiving and inventory to investigate and isolate product inbound to the Distribution Center to identify root causes and eliminate future occurrences.
- Evaluate Shaver Ship Tests and inbound audits. Generate and distribute reports to Group Shaver.
- Coordinate outside services in support of lab functions, calibration, manage supplies and spare parts inventory and as other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or professional technical certification with equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years inspection and or lab experience
- Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Instron Training a plus
- CQT/CQE a plus
- Excellent Communication Skills, ability to work independently, and as part of a team are essential
- Position requires hands-on involvement with products and technical aptitude with test equipment.
- Use of hand jack
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to multitask
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.