Senior Product Designer
- Anixi, Greece
BIC products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
As Senior Product Designer you perform by creating brilliant designs, ideas and proposals with a high degree of innovation and creativity for both current and fast-track projects; you will inspire and inform BIC’s future concepts, products and design strategy.
As Senior Product Designer you are responsible for the correct application of the product design strategy and its transformation into feasible product designs by utilizing the most up-to-date product design tools in close collaboration with the Design team, internal and external resources.
You take part in facilitating and maintaining a creative, friendly and productive climate within the Product design team; you contribute to the larger design and R&D organization by promoting BIC values and design thinking.
As Senior Product Designer you are a key contributor to BIC’s product development mix by understanding, translating and facilitating marketing and business needs with manufacturing and technical capabilities. You have a customer-centric approach to product design, and you are empathic with consumers and their needs.
You will be accountable for project management of your projects and for the research & innovation programs in which you will participate and play an integral role.
In this role, you will distinguish yourself by your creativity, pro-activeness, contextual understanding and multidimensional analysis of priorities for design, R&D, marketing and end-customer.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Create and develop ground-breaking designs, ideas and strategies within the BIC Design Team
- Assure quality of design and execution to achieve the highest standards and perfect detailing within objective restraints
- Efficient Design development by collaborating and networking within Design and R&D teams and by choosing the best design methods and tools per situation
- Manage Projects as Design Representative for assigned projects
- Study, analyze and understand user research and marketing data to tailor designs for relevant customer segments
- Inspire and inform BIC Shavers future concepts, products, and design strategy
- Help increase brand awareness around BIC by actively studying, understanding, organizing, optimizing and promoting BIC’s design language and philosophy
- Survey innovative design solutions for integrating emerging technology, new materials and form factors
- Communicate and present designs and strategy effectively to peers and top-management
- Prepare reports on Product Design Researches
- Strong contribution to creating a highly creative, engaged and innovative climate inspired by the BIC Values and humancentric principles
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of BIC brand and its applications across our product innovation development strategy
- Respect, follow and utilize BIC corporate philosophy, MPD, Vision and Values
- BA/MA in Fine Arts, Automotive or Product Design and Innovation
- Minimum 5 years in Product Design
- Manual sketching, presentation and CAD Design Skills
- Significant international experience, strong portfolio and proven positive previous performance and behaviors
- English Proficiency (Written & Oral)
- Strong presentation design layout & storytelling skills
- Aesthetic Analysis and Synthesis Skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver according to demanding deadlines
- Team player, achieving results through teamwork
- Should have natural awareness of differing contexts, collect data and propose insight that support the business cases of new design solutions.
- Survey and share the design and industry trends with the team
- Evaluate and suggest SW in relation to cad and digital product development
- Analytical, curious and inquiring Mindset (search and find the “why’s”)