Finance Analyst, Consolidations
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Finance Analyst will maintain an environment of sound financial and system controls in support of Group Consolidations of Rolling Forecasts and Reporting. The analyst works with the team to ensure sound business plans are developed and implemented and that appropriate mechanisms are in place to monitor business results.
- Develop detailed budget and forecast models to drive high quality decision-making, analyze the corporate functions, and closely monitor business performance
- Key leader in expense reporting, including analysis and explanations of monthly, quarterly, and annual variances to budget and forecast
- Reporting real time performance to executive leadership with relevant commentary and summary analysis on a monthly basis.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with department leads and FP&A leads, including exposure to executive leadership
- Creative and innovative in sourcing and analyzing data; able to effectively synthesize and summarize detailed financial data to create meaningful, high-level, result-oriented reports and dashboards
- Responsible for Corporate reporting systems including Hyperion HFM and IBM TM1
- Provides standard and ad hoc analysis; looks for new ways to analyze the business and drive productivity
- Prepare analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly business financial review meetings
- Assist in maintaining the consolidated global reporting dashboard inclusive of KPI’s and other measurable metrics
- Formulate and maintain an efficient and effective process of evaluating, tracking and monitoring
- Supporting process improvements and system applications, including development and leveraging Power BI/Tableau/on-line Dashboards
- Administer database (HFM/TM1) information and develop effective queries to mine data
- Setup and maintain all system templates for Rolling Forecast
- Responsible for maintaining Financial reporting hierarchy
- Support forecasting and reporting of Group Consolidations, assisting with Continent business partnering
- Responsible for updating and analyzing Historical Trends and Annual updates to identify trends and drivers
- Assist with historical consolidations and reconciliation at budget currency
- Undertake special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed
· B.S./B.A. Accounting/Finance; MBA preferred
- 3+ years of progressive financial analysis experience and exposure to operations in a consumer goods environment. Preferably with at least 1 year of experience with the company-wide financial analysis at a global, public company.
- Able to get into the details as well as see the big picture.
- Attention to details, 100% accuracy in forecasting and analysis in all analytical commentary and reporting
- Ability to effectively and proactively organize, analyze, and present data with solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with international (global) team members as well. Characteristics include the ability to deal with ambiguity, embrace different approaches and cultures, and approach problem solving and debate with a blend of open-mindedness and strongly held principles/ convictions.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Excellent grasp of corporate FP&A fundamentals
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using data and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Proven mathematical, analytical, research, and quantitative skills. In addition, candidate must have an inquisitive approach to analysis, continuously asking provoking questions, seeking additional information and challenging results when needed.
- Strong decision-making, organizational and problem–solving skills are essential as well as the ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment (must be able to multi-task).
- Strong strategic, analytic, creative and practical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations.
- Technical Proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as excel, power point and other computerized financial reporting systems such as TM1 and HFM.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems/ methods as required.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.