Co-Packing and Warehouse Administrator
- Johannesburg, South Africa
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of co-packing processes and systems.
- Monitoring and managing material flows from Warehouse to Co-Packing both system (JDE) and physical flow
- To ensure the implementation of effective systems, policies and procedures for co-packer.
- To consistently enforce company policies and procedures and when necessary employ new measures to combat incidents in mismanagement and misconduct.
- Preparing operational procedures in line with requirements set out by the Warehouse Manager
- Analyzing of constrains within the department's productivity and define possible system changes
- Daily monitoring of the Quality Control processes to ensure a reduction in daily errors and service failures.
- Compiling and management of new SOP's if needed.
- Develop specific KPI reports for the warehouse that needs to be published daily/ monthly / weekly
- Inventory Management: Work closely with Warehouse and Co-Packer to ensure system and actual stock is aligned at all time. Assisting with stock takes and cycle count process.
- Assisting with stock takes and cycle count process.
Key Performance Indicators
- Record information and generate documents to management.
- Co-Packing Management: Attainment to plan measurement on a weekly and monthly basis
- Review paperwork from production and insure all information is processed and recorded accurately.
- Retrieves reports off system every morning.
- Construction of routine reports and analysis to be done.
- Full compliance and adherence to Housekeeping and HSE.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Packaging stock management in the system
- Control scrap from production and inventory adjustment.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills: Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Problem solving skills: Identifies the root causes and breaks the problem down into the key issues. grasps new concepts and can see the problem in relation to the bigger picture.
- Team player: Able to work effectively with others to achieve an optimal outcome.
- Time management/prioritization: Able to take an organized approach to all tasks in order to prioritize them according to the demands of the business.
- Ability to work well under pressure within time frames.
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Able to reconcile and check results to make sure 1 00% accuracy has been achieved.
- The candidate must have 3-5-year prior experience in warehouse or production environment.
- The candidate will meet current employment equity guidelines.
- The candidate will be a good communicator and have excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills in dealing with the various departments namely Sales and Marketing / Production / Finance / Import and Export / Warehouse and distribution staff.
- Grade 12
- WMS (GENERIX / SAP / Manhattan / Red Prairie or similar super user training)
- Computer Literacy -Experience in MS Word, Excel Advanced a MUST, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Prior experience in ORACLE JDE with MRP or similar demand planning software will be advantageous.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!