- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The Marketing Director leads local brand commercialization and achievement of in-year commercial P&L and market share objectives. This role is responsible for ensuring 3-5 year commercial growth plans inclusive of new item innovation, commercial innovation, and marketing plans.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with global marketing to ensure 3-5 year in-market growth plans inclusive of new item commercialization and development of local commercial innovation (e.g. special packs, eCom packs, etc)
- Providing local input into global marketing strategy and innovation development
- Ensuring delivery of strong commercial marketing plans, inclusive of disruptive brand campaigns, effective media strategies, and motivating promotional plans
- Ensuring strong ROI across investments
- Ensuring all brand messaging and packaging identity guidelines are adhered to
- Responsible for delivering next-year commercial plans
- Partnering with Sales function to establish proper brand guidelines for field execution, inclusive of all 4Ps
- Leading development of selling stories and ensuring all sales materials are best-in-class
- Setting commercial priorities/KPIs and managing marketing and cross-functional resources to deliver against them.
- Ensuring operational excellence, including item pricing, customs approval, and supply alignment
- Anticipating emerging commercial risks/opportunities and developing recommendations to overcome or exploit them
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing
- MBA in Marketing strongly preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in Consumer Goods
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Experience working with IRI or Nielsen Scantrak and Panel data
- Solid MS Office skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Outstanding leadership capability
- Strong project and product management expertise
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively organize, analyze, and present data with solutions
- Strong financial acumen
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.