Financial Systems Analyst
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
This position provides financial system and analytical support to ensure that sound business plans are developed and implemented and that appropriate mechanisms are in place to monitor business results.
- Development and communication of resale minus Transfer Pricing model
- Calculation, validation, and communication of Transfer Pricing at SKU level
- Validate calculation of system generated Product Costs (SKU level management cost)
- Volume Variances calculation, validation, reporting and analysis
- Markup Revaluation calculation, validation, reporting and analysis
- I/C markup calculation, validation and reporting
- Responsible for validation and reporting of CAPEX by project
- Responsible for synthesizing large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers. Analyze and interpret results – i.e. Standard Cost comparison, Gross Profit (GP) Reporting
- Supports team in the development of Inter-Company (I/C) P&Ls –
- coordination and validation of reporting process with manufacturers. Analyzes I/C P&Ls for accuracy and consistency.
- Rolling Forecast support for Inter-Company (ICO) transactions, volumes, sales and costs by invoicing and local currency
- Controlling ‐ develop system analytical tools to ensure controls are in place and analyze that reporting is consistent with expected results
- Provide timely and accurate analysis and interpretation of Gross Profit in Cognos identifying risks, and opportunities along with recommendations for resolving issues.
- Coordinates and works with categories and continents in a supporting role to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Support team in the preparation of Foreign Exchange (FX) reporting including year over year FX by invoice currency
- Undertake ad-hoc analysis as needed.
COGNOS – TM1 & BI
- Support in design, development and testing of current business intelligence and CAPEX systems (TM1)
- Automating TM1 processes through development of system rules and automated TI processes
- Systematic controls data consistency and accuracy
- Costs, sales, inventory, markup
- Issue resolution and adding functionality
- Cognos BI Reporting
- Writing reports and books over Relational DB and TM1 Cubes
- Provide business intelligence support to countries, continents, and categories
- Training and Documentation
- Works closely with line-of-business power users (finance - categories and continents)
- Deliver a wide range of data-driven insights and controls that support the business
- Supports team in ensuring that the Group Financial Systems meet management and statutory consolidation requirements
- B.S./B.A. Accounting or Finance; Minor in Computer Science preferable
- 3+ years of progressive Systems and Accounting experience and exposure to operations in a consumer goods environment.
- Technical proficiency in TM1, including rules and TI processes.
- Proficient in excel and other computerized accounting and financial reporting systems; COGNOS BI REPORTING and HFM.
- General knowledge of budgeting and cost accounting
- Ability to get into the details as well as see the big picture
- The ideal candidate will collect, monitor and study business data to create custom reports that help deliver analytical insight
- Able to effectively and proactively organize, analyze, and present data with solutions
- Proven mathematical, analytical, research, and quantitative skills, in addition, candidate must have an inquisitive approach to analysis, asking provoking question, seeking additional information and challenging results when needed
- Ability to make decisions independently. Organizational and problem solving skills are essential as well as the ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with international (global) team members as well. Characteristics include the ability to deal with ambiguity, embrace different approaches and cultures, and approach problem solving and debate with a blend of open-mindedness and strongly held principles/ convictions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems/methods as required.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.