Customer Service Specialist
- Nairobi, Kenya
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
We believe that the way we reach our customers is as important as the product we choose to sell, and following this mission, the required position will be responsible for ‘Order to Cash’ processes in East Africa, to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of customer orders. Working in close collaboration with the line manager as well as other internal departments, the Customer service Executive will be responsible for order processing from entry on the system to delivery in accordance to the applicable payment and INCO terms.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for ‘Order to Cash’ process for local and regional sales orders.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of sales orders.
- Ensuring accuracy of shipping documents.
- Ensuring proper record keeping of all shipping documents for audit purposes.
- Follow up on payment terms (cash in advance, Letters of credit) and ensuring documents are aligned accordingly.
- Coordinating with supply & demand function as well as warehousing & distribution teams to ensure timely readiness and delivery of orders.
- Close coordination with line manager and Finance department with regards to payment terms.
- Proposing alternatives and solutions to customer with the aim of reducing delays in time-to-market.
- Tracking of orders until delivery.
- Regularly updating the customer and line manager on status of orders.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and internal departments.
- Receiving, recording and resolving customer requests and complaints.
- Escalation to line manager for special requirements
Key Performance Indicators
- On Time in Full (OTIF)
- Customer Service Level
- Number of Customer Claims Solved on time.
- Document accuracy
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of INCO terms and payment terms.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Team play and embodies responsibility.
- Knowledge of MS office.
- Open minded and cultural acumen.
- University degree completed in relevant field.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in Customer Service.
- Solution oriented mindset.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Efficient and can prioritize workload.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!