- Johannesburg, South Africa
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The incumbent will be responsible for the repair and general maintenance of all factory equipment and related services in the manufacturing environment.
- Carry out running and preventative maintenance according to a planned maintenance program.
- Liaise with the foreman to ensure that all machines and equipment are mechanically sound, lubricated, serviced and in good working order.
- Steel work and metal fabrication
- Assist with various projects in the factory.
- Complete all required documentation e.g. jobs cards, service sheets to ensure good maintenance records are kept.
- Report to the Foreman and assist in solving, faults identified in the manufacturing environment that require the attention of the qualified fitter or maintenance team.
- Responsible for all water, air, gas and drainage line installations as and when required.
- Prevent, report and minimize hazards around machines and equipment.
- Report any suspicious activity to supervisor or security personnel.
- Ensure safety and security procedures are adhered too.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must have welding experience.
- Pipe fitting experience.
- Must be able to do small fabrication work.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Basic fitting experience will be advantageous.
Grade 12/ N3
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!