Internal Control & Audit Director
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for developing and maintaining the company-wide risk-based audit plan. This individual leads the overall direction and leadership of the internal audit function for the organization and plans and conducts operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk.
The Director of Internal Audit supports the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by providing independent assessments of the firm’s risk management and internal control environment, and by providing advice to management in developing control solutions.
The Director of Internal Audit performs special investigations as requested by the President.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Develop the overall audit strategy to support the company’s objectives and governance policies and develop the annual audit plan.
- Understand the risk profile of the company and develop and maintain a risk-based audit plan for the Group (subsidiaries and plants), including tracking audit findings through remediation.
- Drive the execution of risk-based audit plans, and conduct audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Increase interactions with a broader scope of stakeholders: Develop strong relationships and partner with senior management across the organization, leading discussions and projects to identify and mitigate risks in their environment.
- Communicate findings in a timely manner, obtaining business partner agreement on root cause of issues and commitment to implement recommendations and/or remediation plans.
- Drive effective communication with executive management on the status of the annual audit plan, emerging risks, and leading business practices.
- Provide an independent appraisal of controls over financial integrity, operational effectiveness, and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Partner with the legal department on the development and maintenance of an ongoing company-wide enterprise risk management program.
- Ensure the Internal Audit department has an effective relationship with the external auditor so that the external audit efforts are timely and efficient and that deliverables from internal audit meet their deadlines and expectations.
- Manage and grow a talented team of professionals.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and to discuss changes in policies that will impact the system flow of information.
- Communicate annually on risk management and risks factors in the annual report.
- Responsible of the Enterprise risk assessment and management of the person in charge of the Group Insurance program.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in auditing, internal controls, or related preferably in big 4
- Master’s Degree (M.A) in Business, Finance, Accounting or closely related field
- 7 or more years’ experience leading and developing a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal, human relations skills, and business acumen are essential
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to think strategically are required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Curiosity and investment in ERP JDE Edwards and other Group systems
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Knowledge in manufacturing finance would be a plus
- Exposure to FMCG and retail would be appreciated
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.