Supply Planning Manager
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The Stationery Supply Planning Manager is responsible for the supply planning functions which drive the BIC CP USA Stationery Supply Chain. This is a key position in the Supply Chain Operations organization and as such is part of the management team responsible for overall supply chain performance.
- Contributes to the success in achieving organization objectives including cost and expense control, inventory efficiency, and superior customer service.
- Manages supply from BIC factories, third party manufacturers, BIC Packaging and third party packagers.
- Leads and manages the supply planners (6 direct reports), sets challenging goals and objectives, and develops the organization.
- Leads the evolution of supply planning and supply management by identifying and implementing improvements to supply planning processes and systems.
- Works closely with cross functional managers to improve supply chain performance.
- Communicates, manages and resolves with urgency all supply issues that will affect the ability to meet performance expectations.
- Establishes key performance indicators for supply planning.
- Develops and documents supply planning business processes.
- Routinely interacts with senior cross-functional management in matters related to product supply and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
- Collaborates with Group Stationery (central manufacturing) on goal alignment, supply performance and issue resolution.
- Provides planning support for the preparation of long range capacity analysis in support of the annual budget process.
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years relevant supply chain planning experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Proven ability to lead change, gain consensus, develop staff and continuously improve
- Proficiency with ERP, Planning, Forecasting and Analysis Software
- JDA (Manugistics) experience highly desired, JDEdwards and Cognos experience a plus
- Demonstrated teamwork and communication skills are essential
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.