Supply Planning Manager
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Supply Planning Manager is responsible for the supply planning functions which drive the BIC CP USA Supply Chain. This is a key position in the Supply Chain Operations organization and as such is part of the management team responsible for overall supply chain performance.
· Contributes to the success in achieving organization objectives including cost and expense control, inventory efficiency, and superior customer service.
· Manages supply from BIC factories, third party manufacturers, BIC Packaging and third party packagers.
· Leads and manages the supply planners (6 direct reports), sets challenging goals and objectives, and develops the organization.
· Leads the evolution of supply planning and supply management by identifying and implementing improvements to supply planning processes and systems.
· Works closely with cross functional managers to improve supply chain performance.
· Communicates, manages and resolves with urgency all supply issues that will affect the ability to meet performance expectations.
· Establishes key performance indicators for supply planning.
· Develops and documents supply planning business processes.
· Routinely interacts with senior cross-functional management in matters related to product supply and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
· Collaborates with Group (central manufacturing) on goal alignment, supply performance and issue resolution.
· Provides planning support for the preparation of long range capacity analysis in support of the annual budget process.
· Bachelors degree with 7+ years relevant supply chain planning experience
· Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
· Proven ability to lead change, gain consensus, develop staff and continuously improve
· Proficiency with ERP, Planning, Forecasting and Analysis Software
· JDA (Manugistics) experience highly desired, JDEdwards and Cognos experience a plus
· Demonstrated teamwork and communication skills are essentia
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.