Group Finance Analyst, Planning and Reporting
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The Finance Analyst will maintain an environment of sound financial and system controls in support of Group Consolidations of Rolling Forecasts and Reporting. The analyst works with the team to ensure sound business plans are developed and implemented and that appropriate mechanisms are in place to monitor business results.
Major Duties / Responsibilities of Job:
- Participate as key resource in the consolidation of forecasted results, including ensuring timely and accurate reporting, analysis of results, and investigation of unexpected variances.
- Perform consolidation procedures including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations to produce Financial Statements within a very short time frame, fast paced environment
- Group coordinator providing forecasting expertise and support to countries, continents, and categories
- Provide comprehensive understanding, analysis, and reporting of Working Capital, working with local teams to ensure there are no risks
- Assist in maintaining the consolidated global reporting dashboard inclusive of KPI’s and other measurable metrics
- Prepare timely and accurate reports, variance analysis and commentary as part of the monthly management reporting process
- Supporting process improvements and system implementations
- Administer database information and develop effective queries to mine data
- Setup and maintain all system templates for Rolling Forecast
- Responsible for testing financial systems and reports following system upgrades or business requirement changes
- Responsible for updating and analyzing Historical Trends and Annual updates to identify trends and drivers
- Assist with historical consolidations and reconciliation at budget currency
- Undertake special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed
- B.S./B.A. Finance; MBA preferred
- 2+ years of progressive financial analysis experience and exposure to operations in a consumer goods environment. Preferably with at least 1 year of experience with the company-wide financial analysis at a global, public company.
- Able to get into the details as well as see the big picture.
- Attention to details, 100% accuracy in all analytical commentary and reporting
- Ability to effectively and proactively organize, analyze, and present data with solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with international (global) team members as well. Characteristics include the ability to deal with ambiguity, embrace different approaches and cultures, and approach problem solving and debate with a blend of open-mindedness and strongly held principles/ convictions.
- Excellent grasp of corporate FP&A fundamentals
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using data and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Proven mathematical, analytical, research, and quantitative skills. In addition, candidate must have an inquisitive approach to analysis, continuously asking provoking questions, seeking additional information and challenging results when needed.
- Strong decision-making, organizational and problem–solving skills are essential as well as the ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment (must be able to multi-task).
- Strong strategic, analytic, creative and practical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations.
- Technical Proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as excel and other computerized financial reporting systems such as TM1 and HFM.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems/ methods as required.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.