Electro-Mechanic (3rd shift)
- Gaffney, SC, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
Working with the Engineering group, the Electro-Mechanic will provide mechanical and electrical support to a wide variety of high-speed manufacturing machines, facility maintenance and may also be required to set up equipment.
- Troubleshooting / maintaining / repairing electro-mechanical systems, including high-speed manufacturing equipment and injection molding machines
- Implement continuous improvement modifications as required
- Run electrical conduits and install and wire electrical devices per NEC standards
- Troubleshoot in electrical system including electrical panels and field instrumentations and sensors
- Work effectively inside and outside department to solve problems and pursue continuous improvement opportunities
- Overtime and weekend work, as needed, and be shift-flexible
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Associates/Technical degree in industrial maintenance or related strongly preferred
- 5+ years of electro-mechanic experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment required
- Advanced mechanical skills, along with a strong knowledge of electrical systems and the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Ability to read and understand schematics and PLC programs
- Experience working with Electrical hand tools, and test equipment, such as multi-meters, amp meters, etc
- In depth knowledge of OSHA electrical safety regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaboratively work with BIC team members in order to provide production and maintenance support
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and desire to deliver results
- PLC control logic experience required
- Availability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively in an environment where priorities and assigned tasks change quickly
- Must be able to work effectively with little direct supervision
- Must be able and willing to make decisions, along with a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Must be able to work with 120VAC to 480VAC power system and instrumentation controls
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.