Customs Program Manager
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The position will manage the overall customs process for BIC. They will be responsible for the planning, budgeting, and documentation of all aspects of the custom/SPR process. The Program Manager will work closely with senior management to make sure the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and is being supported appropriately by all departments. In this role the Program Manager will be in charge of 3-4 cross category Project Managers.
- People Leadership – Lead, coach, motivate, develop, and evaluate talent and structure department to meet changing needs of the organization.
- Project Leadership – Communication of project status and escalation of key issues.
- Communication/Meeting Facilitation – Conduct project launch meetings, update meetings, post project meetings for more complex projects and review lessons learned.
- Training & Development – Responsible for overall training needs of the department including PMP certification and adherence to PMP principles; as well as process training needs and adherence to process guidelines for the organization.
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives – Primarily related to process.
- Leadership of Process Design, Implementations & Institutionalization across participating/impact departments; influencing key stake holders during different phases of projects; influencing a culture of anticipation (vs reaction).
- Undergraduate Degree
- 10-15 years of experience in a CPG environment of which 5 should be in a leadership/people management capacity with demonstrated heavy project leadership responsibility.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Influencing without formal authority
- Solid communication skills (written & verbal)
- Project management skills
- Detail Oriented
- Results Oriented
- People and Team Builder
- Courage and ability to challenge status quo
- Decision Maker
- Process Oriented
- Strong business math and analytical skills
- Effective time management
- Solid knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be an excellent multi-tasker with high organizational skills
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.