National Account Manager - Staples
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The National Account Manager contributes to our Values and Vision by maximizing long-term BIC brand volume while delivering short-term volume and profit goals with one of our largest customers. This person must maintain high-level customer contacts and relationships. This position also has the responsibility to communicate and implement BIC national initiatives, policies and standards to cross functional groups including: The Merchant Team, Logistics, Inventory, Marketing, Promo Planning and Third-Party Merchandising Partners. Internally, it is imperative that the NAM communicates our customers’ needs across the BIC structure to develop and implement business building programs.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales forecast objective
- Achieves distribution, pricing, promotion and shelving objectives within our categories
- Manages BDF/MDF to meet or exceed sales forecast achievement, while staying within budget and policy guidelines
- Forecasts sales volume in collaborative
- Manages expenses within company policy guidelines
- Develops long term relationships with customer’s key personnel
- Communicates information and customer needs across the BIC organization. Leads, organizes and facilitates both internal and external teams to meet customer’s needs
- Develops customer business plans that take into account long-term goals, strategies and results
- Takes into account the profit and volume implications of various alternatives to both BIC and our customer
- Develops conceptual presentations drawing from all internal and external resources needed
- Negotiates business plans at customer business planning sessions that achieve business unit’s short and long-term volume and profit goals while conforming to BIC policies. These plans should ensure customer performance at or above standards in all key merchandising areas: Distribution, Pricing, Shelf and Promotion.
- Work closely with the Supply-Demand Planning Team at BIC/Customer to ensure correct forecast is implemented and executed
- Minimum 3-5 years’ selling experience of increasing levels of sales and supervisory responsibility in the consumer products industry, plus a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study.
- Direct sales experience managing a desk with Staples (Preferred) with proven results.
- A high in-depth knowledge of consumer products industry to execute direct sales, order management and logistics.
- Ideally, this same high in-depth knowledge and experience of internal functions (i.e., Sales Resources, Business Planning, Marketing and Customer Service).
- This position requires a winning positive attitude from a competent and competitive individual who can work and lead teams of people.
The position requires you to work in BIC office in The Shelton CT or Framingham MA area and have the ability to manage a challenging and demanding work load.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.