Sales Finance Senior Accountant
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. MBA/CPA a plus.
• 3-5 years of general ledger experience in a profit driven organization.
• Auditing experience a plus.
• Excellent computer skills including JD Edwards and Microsoft Office packages. Experience in Hyperion Financial Management a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and perform well in a team environment.
• Willingness to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems/methods as required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a solid knowledge of accounting theory, are essential.
• Process weekly BDF multi event check requests in a work flow environment.
• Approve check requests < $2k.
• Ability to eventually take ownership of the BDF/TPM system & oversee $95-100M Budget.
• Perform monthly closing procedures including journal entries as necessary.
• Prepare weekly/monthly LE schedule and distribute to all on the distribution list as required.
• Review BDF events for reason code accuracy.
• Review BDF for payments overpayments (in-excess of commitments).
• Review BDF commitments versus budget or forecast by region zone.
• Audit post audits for reasonableness & maintain schedule.
• Audit sales credits quarterly.
• Independently manage Mid-Year & Year End External Audits Requirements.
• Assist with OPEX selling budgets & forecasts $30-$33M Budget.
• Monthly analysis of key object accounts: Outside Services, Commissions, T & E & Samples.
• Monthly accruals as required.
• Monthly analysis of “Acosta” business for commissions, accruals & 3rd party mandate
• Support with Ad Hoc BDF analysis as required.
• Support Management on special projects as needed.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.