Financial Analyst - Oceania
- Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter and the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in almost four million points of sale in more than 160 countries. In 2016, BIC recorded net sales of 2,025.8 million euros. Each day, throughout the world, consumers choose to buy 31million BIC® products.
Due to an internal move, we have a great opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst, you will provide accurate and timely financial reports and analyses of the company’s operating results, to guide management in decision making and in developing mid-term to long-term strategies.
Your key areas of focus will include:
- Handle the monthly preparation and submission of financial reports and analyses as required by BIC Graphic.
- Process and circulate the financial reports generated from HFM to Management Team.
- Analyze actual results vs. forecast/budget and highlight to Management variance/s against plan and the corresponding detailed explanations.
- Liaise with departmental heads the timetable & requirement for monthly, quarterly & annual reporting.
- Perform balance sheet analysis and Key Performance Indicators.
- Consolidate inputs from department heads to build budget and forecast templates.
- Prepare and submit budget to HQ.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Cost Accountant
- Handle capital investment projects.
- Manage inventory working closely with supply chain to ensure working capital is at the minimum.
This role will be based at our BIC Warehouse, 17 Pacific Drive, Keysborough Victoria.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Degree or TAFE Qualifications in Accounting
- Analytical and an outstanding attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and motivation
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Prior working experience as a Financial Analyst
- Familiarity with Hyperion Financial Management and Cognos
BIC is a company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for growth. With its global reach, career development opportunities are possible both within, Australia, New Zealand and further afield.
Please send your resume and cover letter by close of business 30th March 2018.
Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.