Maintenance Technician - Baggage Handling System
- Toronto, ON, Canada
BEUMER has operated in the North American market for more than 40 years and has completed over 160 airport baggage handling projects; with fully integrated design and manufacturing systems in the United States. We are a family owned intra-logistics leader where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are proud of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for electrical and/or mechanical maintenance work. Must be able to work rotating shifts; including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Recover electrical errors on the material handling system.
- Reset errors due to luggage, equipment or operator.
- Assist engineers with fault finding and maintenance activities.
- Carry out system maintenance activities.
- Support activities with BEUMER Group products and systems in response to customer requirements.
- Monitor the performance of the material handling system.
- Adhere to the various quality and reporting systems.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Requirements.
- Provide adequate feedback and intelligence to BEUMER Group management.
- Report spare parts usage.
- Follow escalation procedures when needed
- Electrician with a minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial facility
- Some experience in working with material handling equipment.
- RAIC Security Clearance or the ability to obtain such clearance.
- Strategy insight and comprehension
- Comprehension of values
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communications skills (English)
- Relevant system and product knowledge
- System flow knowledge
- High-Level control (SAC) skills
- Software documentation
- IT network and communication knowledge
- Competencies in objective analysis and development
- Positive and professional demeanor
BEUMER is an innovative intralogistics company. Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
BEUMER is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital/family status, sexual orientation, pardoned criminal conviction or any other status protected under the Canadian Human Rights Act.