Technical Editor - responsible for project documentation
- Aarhus, Denmark
Would you like to dive into technical documentation and edit operation and maintenance manuals for advanced Sortation and Distribution systems?
BEUMER Group is a market leader within integrated package and luggage sortation systems used at online shops, postal offices and airports across the world.
As our new technical editor, you will get to collaborate with talented colleagues and make your mark on the future of documentation within BEUMER Group.
Welcome to Documentation & Standardization
At our HQ in Aarhus, you will join our department for Documentation, Standardization & Linguistics along with 15 dedicated colleagues sharing a strong technical interest. We develop standardized high-quality operation and maintenance documentation for our products and projects.
”Our complex solutions need solid documentation and user manuals to be a success to our customers. Therefore, we’re always trying to find new and better ways of collecting and presenting documentation – what processes can be automated? What can we show in 3D to create an even better user understanding?” says Head of Documentation & Standardization, Per Nielsen, who is looking forward to welcoming you to the team.
Collect and ensure high-quality technical documentation
You will work in project teams consisting of technical project managers and electrical, mechanical and software specialists from across the world. Together, you will manage the development or update of operation and maintenance information for specific solutions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you will:
- Overall responsible for complete project documentation
- Collaborate with technical specialists across the entire organization and external suppliers of technical features to collect all necessary documentation
- Edit and structure technical material, so it is adapted to the specific customer, primarily in English
- Help improve how we develop, collect and share documentation in the future, e.g. by furthering automation
Travel may occur to collaborate with international colleagues at global locations and visit customers to understand their documentation needs.
Do you have a flair for technical language and documentation?
You are a true team player who enjoys international collaboration, and you are not afraid to reach out to people to get what you need. You are patient and persistent in the role as spokesperson for sound and comprehensive documentation. Moreover:
- You have a technical background, e.g. as an engineer, or alternatively, you have a background in communication/linguistics and a strong technical interest and knowledge.
- You have experience with technical documentation and are preferably familiar with different types of drawings such as wiring diagrams, interface drawings, etc.
- You have good overview and use to plan your own task, time and hour-budget.
- You have excellent Danish and English skills, especially in writing, and you are comfortable with technical terminology.
- You have some experience writing technical documentation.
- It is an advantage if you have experience working CMS system (we are using Schema ST4) as well as drawing and photo editing tools.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please do not hesitate to contact Per Nielsen on +45 8741 4426 or +45 2721 4426.
If you would like to play a committed part in our successful family business, you can apply online through the link.
We look forward to meeting you.
Conveying, loading, palletising, packing, sortation and distribution – BEUMER Group is a leader within the development and manufacture of high-technological intralogistics systems for global markets. Our employees stand out from others thanks to their ability to supply innovative solutions to our customers. They can do this because they know the industry and are passionate about continuously developing and expanding their knowledge. We support these high standards through teamwork, mutual respect and a work culture based on trust that fosters stability and security for all of our employees. Our common goal is to implement outstanding and innovative projects worldwide.