Sales and System Engineer supporting customers worldwide
- Aarhus, Denmark
Do you have commercial and technical knowledge? Would you like to work with different cultures all over the world while exploring a comprehensive range of technology and designing solutions for our customers worldwide?
Join a global leader within intelligent sortation solutions
At BEUMER Group, we support airports and distribution centers worldwide, making sure that the right suitcase or package reaches the right person – every time.
You will join 12 colleagues in our Sales & System Support who are dedicated to designing expansions and upgrades for our customers' current systems. We work with a wide range of different technologies from conveyor belts with PLC software, electrical installation, RFID and barcode scanners to complex SW solutions and server set-ups to enable automation, larger capacity and many other needs our clients have for their existing systems.
Understanding customer needs
You will be sales and system responsible for the mechanical, electrical and controlling parts of the systems. You will create and maintain customer relations making sure you understand their needs now and for the future. The relations are built up together with our 28 Group Companies around the world, and by traveling out meeting customer’s team of specialists. After that, you make sure our customer's needs are transformed into specifications so you and your colleagues can draft the right solutions and implementations plans, which are then executed from our project department.
Preben Schioldan, Head of Sales & System Support:
- After an extensive onboarding and training program, you will visit some of the world's largest airports and logistic centers, where big investments are required to ensure customers' sortation systems and facilities are prepared to meet the demands of the future. You will soon learn that your technical knowledge, the solution-oriented approach you have, and your understanding of our customers' challenges will result in the creation of exciting solutions reaching far into the future.
More specifically, you will:
- Work on several different customer solutions at the same time enabling you to communicate daily with our Group Companies.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining customer relations.
- Analyze specifications from our service managers or directly from the customers.
- Design the solutions and implementation plans.
- Perform price calculations and prepare quotations and documentation on the selected solutions incl. first draft of layout/drawing.
- Communicate with internal specialists to obtain the necessary knowledge and ensure the ideal solutions for the customers.
In this position you will get the opportunity to travel all over the world meeting different customers and cultures. We expect the travelling activity will be approximately 50 days per year.
You have an educational background in technology management, marine engineering, electrical or mechanical engineering or similar. Most important, you have technical know-how and an innate curiosity combined with a commercial understanding. Cooperating with customers and colleagues from different cultures demands excellent communication skills and understanding of cultural diversity. Naturally, you are driven by the customer relations being aware that their needs must be translated into specific solutions created by you and your colleagues. This requires empathetic communication and patience – at the same time you are responsible for proactively driving the process. You speak and write English fluently.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please do not hesitate to contact Head of Sales & System Support Preben Schioldan on +45 27 61 58 36 .
If you would like to play a committed part in our successful family business, you can apply online at via the link
Conveying, loading, palletising, packing, sortation and distribution – BEUMER Group is a leader within the development and manufacture of high-technological intralogistics systems for global markets. Our employees stand out from others thanks to their ability to supply innovative solutions to our customers. They can do this because they know the industry and are passionate about continuously developing and expanding their knowledge. We support these high standards through teamwork, mutual respect and a work culture based on trust that fosters stability and security for all of our employees. Our common goal is to implement outstanding and innovative projects worldwide.