Draftsman / CAD
- Somerset, NJ, us
BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution technology. BEUMER Group offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge. We are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are pd of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
The Draftsman will prepare 3D models and drawings for the manufacturing of material handling equipment and systems. This position requires good technical, organizational and communication. An ideal candidate will have previous education in mechanical designs broadened by experience in the material handling industry. This position works closely with Mechanical Engineers, Sales, Project Management, and Purchasing daily.
- Provide drafting and design expertise to assist Engineers of the Mechanical Engineering department for the creation of 3D models and production equipment.
- Assist Sales in the creation of equipment proposals by providing engineering and design expertise.
- Evaluate manufacturing feasibility, estimate cost requirements of a variety of material handling systems.
- Design systems layout and specific components on 2D and 3D CAD equipment and software Our products could include steel structures, sheet metal parts, mechanisms and other BEUMER products. Optimize for cost, functionality and manufacturability
- Perform data entry functions to fully document engineering designs in the corporate database.
- Support existing Engineering processes and assist in the development of new processes.
- Work with senior engineers to insure designs are prepared for manufacturing and assembly.
- Attend conference calls and on-site meetings with clients as directed by Manager.
Requirements/Skills and Abilities
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent training or experience
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing and project engineering settings.
- Preferred experience in design of automated machines and material handling capital equipment
- Experience that includes a broad background in various machine technologies (control, pneumatic, hydraulic)
- Proficient in 2D and 3D modeling CAD design programs. Auto CAD and Solid Edge experience preferred
- Ability to analyze and design basic mechanical components.
- Ability to specify mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Good knowledge of drafting, dimensioning, tolerancing and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent time management skills; attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, positive, and energetic attitude
- Able to travel
- Excellent listening skills
BEUMER is an innovative company, where every employee is part of the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.