Finance and Controlling Expert
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
Are you an ambitious, punctual, and result-driven finance-minded person? Assertive to take up responsibility and not afraid to deep-dive into details?
We can offer you a challenging job in the exciting world of construction!
For our Business Unit Belgium / Luxemburg we are currently looking for a Finance and Controlling expert. The finance department of BU Belgium / Luxemburg is responsible for managing and following-up the financial results of approximately 100 construction projects with a total revenue of 300€Mio.
- As a Finance and Controlling expert you are responsible for the consolidation of the financial results of all the construction projects for the BU Belgium/Luxemburg. You will manage and complete our main consolidation file and make sure that all details are correct and right;
- Every construction project has a dedicated Cost Controller. Your job as a Finance and Controlling expert will be to assist and help our Cost Controllers to make sure that the results that you receive are in line with the bookkeeping to assure a qualitative consolidation;
- To make sure that you understand our processes and our business you will also be responsible for the Cost Control of some of our projects. Therefor you will be responsible for monthly cost control reporting, analyses and administrative process simplification;
- You review, under responsibility of project managers, projects’ cost control (forecasting, actual cost follow-up, cash flow planning, ageing report,…);
- You are responsible for reporting checked and coherent figures, to keep the economic result completely in line with the bookkeeping following IFRS standards;
- You liaise with projects’ “technical responsible” to obtain all needed input for projects cost control and forecasting;
- You cooperate pro-actively with the accountants, especially during the monthly closing processes;
- You ensure that all needed accounting data are transferred to the Project Managers;
- You report results and analyses to the Finance Director on due time.
- You prepare studies all over the projects for the business unit and are able to communicate a structured conclusion with a proposition of possible action points;
- You pro-actively build up the monthly reports and start collecting the info from several stakeholders;
In case of a positive evaluation this position might also lead to a role of Project Finance Manager for a big joint venture or project in the area of Ghent.
- You have a Master degree in an economical or financial field;
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in the field of cost control;
- You demonstrate willingness and ability to learn quickly and to work independently ;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English with preferably also a good knowledge of French;
- You have clear skills for analyses and reporting ;
- You are a team player and you have good communication skills;
- You have good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel);
- You are flexible and mobile to go on our construction sites from time to time;
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group