- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, construction, real estate development and concessions. BESIX Group was founded in 1909, and has grown impressively over the years. BESIX Group operates in Northern and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa and the Middle East through its subsidiary BESIX Construct, as well as in Canada and Australia. The group stands out in its sector by having its own internal Engineering Department, with wide-ranging expertise in geotechnical engineering, concrete technology, methods, planning, and BIM, System Engineering and similar tools.
In 2022, the Group achieved a turnover of EUR 3.4 billion. BESIX has about 12,000 employees active in 25+ countries with more than 80 different nationalities.
Find more information at: https://www.besix.com/.
At BESIX we are expanding our “Information Management” Department, we are looking for two Digital Engineers to join our team. In the role we offer an unique opportunity that will give you a fascinating insight of all activities of BESIX worldwide and will allow you to work with many mixed teams to implement new ideas that will impact our ways of working.
This position requires enthusiasm, teamwork, professionalism, performance, accountability and the ability to find the right balance between office and project based activities.
The Digital Engineer will support our construction sites and support departments with the digitalization of the processes. You will report to the Digitalization Manager and will coordinate together the day-to-day digital activities for our sites and internal departments.
Your main responsibilities:
- Support the execution team of building sites in setting-up the BESIX project digital landscape : understand the project requirements, client needs, review with the partner.
- Coordinate with our IT and BIM departments the setting up of the projects.
- Identify and collect the data from different data sources and ensure the data quality and analyze data.
- Provide support for development of business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Along project’s duration, you ensure coaching and support, you coordinate digital issues fixes.
- Align digitalization with existing processes and BESIX strategy and ensure alignment between the tools – application architecture in coordination with our IT and BIM departments.
- Align software with data architecture from IT department – based on MS Azure.
- Propose and manage framework agreements with software suppliers.
- Create templates to be implemented on projects : aligned with processes and reviewed based on users feedback.
- Leanify and align support digital tools : HR, QHSE, Estimating, Admin and Finance, Procurement.
- Manage digital champions community and seek the market for opportunities.
Coaching - training
- You give training sessions to the Project team and employees about BESIX way of working, digital landscape and related processes.
- All along the project, you are responsible for users coaching and support, digital watch, you coordinate the proposals for improvements.
- You get yourself involved in the global understanding of any Project, which requested your support;
- You work proactively by suggesting possible improvements and measurements to solve encountered problems;
- You are empathic : you listen to and understand the issues of the stakeholders and transform them in opportunities for improvement;
- You are pragmatic, communicative and convincing (possessing natural authority);
- You are autonomous and rigorous;
- You have good organizational skills;
- You are able to perform several tasks at the same time, to identify priorities and urgent matters;
- You are used to work in multicultural teams and in an international environment;
- You are dynamic and flexible;
- You are able to analyze problems and suggest appropriate solutions;
- You like to work within a team while knowing how to work independently;
- You have very good knowledge of English; proficient knowledge of Dutch and French;
- You have good knowledge of standard applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint);
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in ICT or Engineering or equivalent by experience;
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office, SharePoint;
- You are dynamic, flexible and have a quick reaction to urgent matters;
- You ideally already worked on building sites and/or have a passion for the construction sector.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …);
Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon;
A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions);
Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment;
The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group.