- Entities: Watpac Construction
BESIX Watpac is an Australian multi-disciplinary construction company, backed by a century of global expertise and financial strength. A wholly owned subsidiary of the award-winning international contractor BESIX Group, we specialise in complex construction across all sectors, including building and infrastructure projects.
Today the Group has more than $7B work in hand and is operating in 25 countries, employing 11,000 people globally. The world’s tallest tower, the iconic Burj Khalifa, showcases our innovation and engineering distinction. With international hubs located in Australia, Europe, and the Middle East, we are united by one common purpose - we excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world.
BESIX Watpac have delivered a strong portfolio in the health sector over our 40-year history, and due to recent successful hospital project awards in Queensland, we seek a Design Coordinator to join our team. This role will be based in Brisbane, with regular travel required.
This role will assist with management of project design and coordination functions. The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Participate in the management of the design team and the timely delivery of project documentation and participate in design and coordination meetings for both Consultant and Subcontractor.
- Participate in design reviews and ensure that the project staff and subcontractors are delivered timely documentation to construct the project in accordance with the project program.
- Review trade package documentation for compliance and progressively monitor the production of drawings.
- Liaise with design and construct subcontractors where appointed.
- Coordinate and supervise documentation for variations to the project and monitor the implementation of authority requirements and approvals.
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Architecture/Construction Management or related discipline with established experience in a similar role.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Along with a competitive remuneration package and long-term career development opportunities, our employees enjoy access to the following benefits:
- Wellbeing Days - three additional leave days per year.
- Flexible work arrangements to balance work and personal commitments.
- Awards and Recognition Program, rewarding employees who bring our values to life.
- Access to a wellbeing program including annual skin checks and flu vaccinations.
- Corporate discounts to gym memberships, meal subscriptions and more.
- Social events and Family Days.
At BESIX Watpac, we are committed to fostering a workplace where everyone is valued, supported and respected. By embracing all ages, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, education and appearance, our people feel safe, empowered, and motivated to be their best. If you’re excited about this role but don’t tick all the boxes, we encourage you to apply if you have transferable skills and believe you would be a great fit with BESIX Watpac.
Join our talented and passionate team delivering once-in-a-generation projects.
BESIX Watpac acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work, and pay respect to the Elders past, present and emerging.