Safety Officer (Emirati Nationals Only)
- Entities: Belhasa Six Construct Dubai
Six Construct, a subsidiary of the BESIX Group, is the largest Belgian construction company operating in the Middle East. The company combines the efforts of a highly skilled workforce, along with strategic planning and innovative use of technology to overcome the most complex business challenges. Six Construct is a multi-services company that operates in the construction of commercial and residential buildings, sport and leisure facilities, infrastructure and marine-related projects. The company currently has a massive workforce worldwide.
To coordinate, support, and advise the Business on all aspects with regard to Health and Safety. To establish, manage, and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within Six Construct are adhered to. Below are key responsibilities:
- Monitor and control all HSE matters related to project team members and contractors in ensuring that the project is in compliance with the project requirement i.e. specification, safety code, and other policies/guidelines related to the project
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated, and communicated.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Liaise with local authorities responsible for Health & Safety (labor & plant).
- Report accidents immediately to Site Management and propose solutions to avoid recurrence.
- Report on a daily basis all the unsafe situations and implement immediately the remedial actions.
- Issue the safety inspection report.
- Monitor all quality records for safety and fire prevention equipment
- Control and keep copies of all HSE/ load certificates for cranes, chain slings…
- Ensure safety gear worn by all workers on site.
- Follow up on the implementation of the housekeeping standard.
- Prepare charts/guide on Heath, Safety & Environment.
- Make sure all signage’s are updated and displayed.
- Support with the weekly reports on man-hours.
- Support with other relevant reports to site management.
- Candidate must have a minimum High School Diploma, preferably with Bachelor’s degree;
- Certificate or Associate’s Degree in a Construction-field or some post-secondary training in Engineering is an advantage;
- Must have at least 3 years of experience on the actual role, in a contracting company, preferably with Main Contractor; Middle East experience is highly preferred;
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- COSHH Trained
- Provision of advice to managers/supervisors Handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Gathering, analyzing and reporting on key H&S data/statistics
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
We believe our employees are key to our success, hence, we offer an inspiring working environment where our people feel rewarded & engaged. Career opportunities & training programs are offered to help you develop both personally and professionally and we offer attractive additional benefits to your monthly remuneration.