- Entities: Watpac Construction
BESIX Watpac is an Australian multi-disciplinary construction company, backed by a century of global expertise and financial strength. A wholly owned subsidiary of the award-winning international contractor BESIX Group, we specialise in complex construction across all sectors, including building and infrastructure projects.
Today the Group has more than $7B work in hand and is operating in 25 countries, employing 11,000 people globally. The world’s tallest tower, the iconic Burj Khalifa, showcases our innovation and engineering distinction. With international hubs located in Australia, Europe, and the Middle East, we are united by one common purpose - to excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world.
BESIX Watpac have delivered a strong portfolio in the health sector over our 40-year history, and due to recent successful hospital project awards in Queensland, we seek a Design Manager to join our team. This role will be based in Brisbane, with regular travel required.
This role is key to ensure project delivery excellence in design leadership. The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead and manage consultants to deliver high quality design documentation on time, on budget as well as in compliance with the Project Brief.
- Lead the review of the project design for regulatory and building compliance.
- Review the design for constructability in collaboration with the construction team and trade subcontractors to drive efficiencies during delivery.
- Actively participate in the methodology development for the delivery of the project.
- Maintain design quality control management.
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in a relevant discipline – Construction Management / Architecture / Engineering.
- Prior experience working with a principal contractor delivering large scale D&C building projects from commencement to completion.
- Ability to collaborate with external consultants to obtain best for project outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Along with a competitive remuneration package and long-term career development opportunities, our employees enjoy access to the following benefits:
- Wellbeing Days - three additional leave days per year.
- Flexible work arrangements to balance work and personal commitments.
- Awards and Recognition Program, rewarding employees who bring our values to life.
- Access to a wellbeing program including annual skin checks and flu vaccinations.
- Corporate discounts to gym memberships, meal subscriptions and more.
- Social events and Family Days.
At BESIX Watpac, we are committed to fostering a workplace where everyone is valued, supported and respected. By embracing all ages, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, education and appearance, our people feel safe, empowered, and motivated to be their best. If you’re excited about this role but don’t tick all the boxes, we encourage you to apply if you have transferable skills and believe you would be a great fit with BESIX Watpac.
Join our talented and passionate team delivering once-in-a-generation projects.
BESIX Watpac acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work, and pay respect to the Elders past, present and emerging.