Design Coordinator - Water & energy related projects (BESIX Environment - Brussels)(Default)
- Entities: BESIX Environment
BESIX Environment is the independent entity within BESIX Group focusing on the development, engineering, construction, startup & commissioning and O&M of projects within the field of water and sustainable energy & hydrogen infrastructure.
BESIX Environment is within these projects in charge of the process and MEICA scope. Projects vary from waste water treatment & water reuse plants for municipal or industrial clients including technologies for sludge treatment and biogas treatment, to industrial applications for process water (process, cooling water, demi water, ultrapure water), potable water, pumping stations and turbines,…as Biomass or Waste-to Energy plants using biochemical or thermal processes and infrastructure related to hydrogen production, transport and storage.
Primary role for BESIX Environment is mainly within the EPC scope, but in specific projects the scope is extended including a full Operations & Maintenances service contract.
We are looking for a Design Coordinator. She/he will work close together with the project and process team under Project Manager / Operation Manager.
- She/he will work in all stages of a project: tendering, execution, start-up, guarantee period until final acceptance.
- She/he will deal with existent technologies as well as new technologies.
- She/he will coordinate all aspects of design from civil parts to electromechanical and process parts.
- She/he must have leader and consensus making facilities.
During Proposal, tendering, execution, start-up, commissioning or Operation & Maintenance phase of a project, she/he will be involved directly or with the assistance of teams depending on size of the project of:
- Setting-up and Coordination of all technical aspects of the projects (between civil, process and electromechanical aspects);
- Plan and follow-up of the design activities during all phases of a project;
- Be able to prepare / coordinate Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Flow & Mass Balance, Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), Process risk assessment;
- Propose basic lay-out and preliminary hydraulic profile;
- Coordination between civil, process and electromechanical installations;
- Suggestion for main process related equipment & instrumentation: aeration system, mixing system, control instrumentation,...;
- Follow-up and coordination between suppliers/subcontractors/design team.
- Minimum 5 year of experience in the field of waste water treatment plant, industrial water treatment plant or potable water treatment plant (tender and / or execution , commissioning).
- Experience in biogas is a plus.
- Have a Master degree or Bachelor degree in Biochemistry, chemistry, agricultural or environmental engineering.
- Candidate shall be able to work by himself and work in relation with other members of the team. He shall be flexible and able to undertake several tasks or projects at a time.
- Team Player, coaching people & communication skills.
- Able to make short journeys abroad /Candidate shall be fluent in English, Dutch and French.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …);
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon;
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions);
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment;
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group.