Corporate Legal Counsel (Brussels)
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, construction, real estate development and concessions. BESIX Group was founded in 1909, and has grown impressively over the years. BESIX Group operates in Northern and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa and the Middle East through its subsidiary BESIX Construct, as well as in Canada and Australia. The group stands out in its sector by having its own internal Engineering Department, with wide-ranging expertise in geotechnical engineering, concrete technology, methods, planning, and BIM, System Engineering and similar tools.
In 2021, the Group achieved a turnover of EUR 2.9 billion. BESIX has about 11,000 employees active in 25+ countries with more than 80 different nationalities.
Find more information at: https://www.besix.com/.
BESIX is recruiting a Corporate Legal Counsel to join the "Legal & Contract team" based in Brussels reporting to the General Counsel.
As Corporate Legal Counsel, you will be in charge of a wide variety of corporate-related matters. Such may include:
- Group corporate housekeeping
- Drafting and/or reviewing company corporate (ordinary / special) documents (EN/FR/NL) such as minutes of boards of directors and shareholders meetings, reports, management reports, powers of attorney, … for companies registered in the Brussels head office and in support to about 150 foreign subsidiaries and branches.
- Preparing documentation for the Audit Committee on ongoing corporate transactions (acquisitions, incorporations, registrations, divestments and liquidations).
- Following mandates (validity, renewal, dismissal, resignation, appointment) of directors and auditors.
- Providing documentation and information as support to ongoing business operations.
- Supervising the collection of corporate information and supporting documentation on about 150 subsidiaries and branches and securing their review and update in relevant web-application tools.
- Issuing advisory reports to subsidiaries on corporate compliance and providing support when deemed appropriate in this respect.
- Project-related work
- Preparing the necessary MoU's, Prebid JV/consortium agreements, and any other required corporate documentation.
- Upon award of the project, preparing, negotiating and finalising the project JV/consortium agreement for the project.
- Preparing and taking care of the follow-up of incorporation of companies and registration of branches.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Drafting all relevant corporate documentation.
- You have a Belgian master's in law degree.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel, preferably gained in an international context. Having experience in the construction / real estate industry is an asset.
- You are a native French speaker (excellent writing skills) with a good knowledge of Dutch and English, in writing and orally.
- You are conscientious and pay due attention to details to avoid any inconsistent publication.
- You have strong analytical skills and adopt a pragmatic business approach.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work in a demanding environment.
- You are capable and willing to defend the Group's contractual interest and advocate them accordingly internally and externally.
- At last but not least, you like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge whilst being able to work independently and take on responsibilities.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group