- Entities: Watpac Construction
BESIX Watpac is an Australian multi-disciplinary construction company, backed by a century of global expertise and financial strength. A wholly owned subsidiary of the award-winning international contractor BESIX Group, we specialise in complex construction across all sectors, including building and infrastructure projects.
Today the Group has more than $7B work in hand and is operating in 25 countries, employing 11,000 people globally. The world’s tallest tower, the iconic Burj Khalifa, showcases our innovation and engineering distinction. With international hubs located in Australia, Europe, and the Middle East, we are united by one common purpose - we excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world.
Due to major project wins BESIX Watpac are looking for a number of Project Engineers to work on large scale projects within our Victorian business. Duties will include;
- Proactively drive company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects.
- Contribute to improvements to existing designs.
- Arrange and oversee the letting of tenders.
- Assist with preparation of site construction budgets and reports.
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the site manager or project manager and attend site meetings
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in building/construction, or other recognised tertiary or trade qualification in a construction related field.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment.·
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Along with a competitive remuneration package and long-term career development opportunities, our employees enjoy access to the following benefits:
- Wellbeing Days - three additional leave days per year.
- Flexible work arrangements to balance work and personal commitments.
- Awards and Recognition Program, rewarding employees who bring our values to life.
- Access to a wellbeing program including annual skin checks and flu vaccinations.
- Corporate discounts to gym memberships, meal subscriptions and more.
- Social events and Family Days.
At BESIX Watpac, we are committed to fostering a workplace where everyone is valued, supported and respected. By embracing all ages, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, education and appearance, our people feel safe, empowered, and motivated to be their best. If you’re excited about this role but don’t tick all the boxes, we encourage you to apply if you have transferable skills and believe you would be a great fit with BESIX Watpac.
Join our talented and passionate team delivering once-in-a-generation projects.
BESIX Watpac acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work, and pay respect to the Elders past, present and emerging.