Accounting Officer (Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe / Interim)
- Brussels, Belgium
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, construction, real estate development and concessions. BESIX Group was founded in 1909, and has grown impressively over the years. BESIX Group operates in Northern and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa and the Middle East through its subsidiary Six Construct, as well as in Canada and Australia. The group stands out in its sector by having its own internal Engineering Department, with wide-ranging expertise in geotechnical engineering, concrete technology, methods, planning, and BIM, System Engineering and similar tools.
In 2020, the Group achieved a turnover of EUR 2.7 billion. BESIX has about 12,000 employees active in 27 countries with more than 80 different nationalities. Find more information at: https://www.besix.com/.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented Accounting Officer. You will have following responsibilities:
Treatment of purchase invoices
Follow-up & correction contested invoices
Sending reminders to our customers
Treating reminders received from vendors
Cleaning up accounting balances (eg: Accounts Payables , accounts receivables,…)
Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
For the AR (accounts receivable) process you are responsible for preparing, processing and following up the sales invoices to internal and external customers.
For the AP (accounts payable) process you support the other AP colleagues in their daily tasks such as handling the reminders, booking purchase invoices, etc
You are willing to work on an interim contract
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Accountancy or Taxation or equivalent level through experience;
- A first work experience in accounting is a real asset;
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French, knowledge of English is a plus;
- Stress resistant and Team Player;
- You work accurate and methodical;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office package;
- Prepared to work daily at our headquarters in Brussels;
- Experience in a construction company is a plus;
- Experience with AX accounting software is a plus;
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group