Environmental Engineer - GCC
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Entities: MIC Construct
Six Construct, a subsidiary of the BESIX Group, is the largest Belgian construction company operating in the Middle East. The company combines the efforts of a highly skilled workforce, along with strategic planning and innovative use of technology to overcome the most complex business challenges. Six Construct is a multi-services company that operates in the construction of commercial and residential buildings, sport and leisure facilities, infrastructure and marine-related projects. The company currently employs a workforce of 16,000 in the Middle East, and a total of 19,000 worldwide.
The Environmental Engineer is anticipated to reinforce the Project Health Safety and Environment Department, will report to the Project SHES Manager and directs environmental management (EM) activities.
Besides coordinating general Environmental Management activities on the Project, the individual will lead proactively environmental initiatives in line with the Best Management Practices.
The individual is expected to maintain a flexible workstyle that adapts to dynamic office tempo with its changing priorities along with the Site’s needs and expectations.
- Produce and implement the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) & Construction Waste Management Plan (CWMP) for the project, whilst coordinating with the Project team in setting up the relevant necessary control measures
- Ensuring the compliance with the Project CEMP, CWMP, the relevant local & international regulations, in coordination with the project members, by conducting regular inspections, audits, site walks, etc.
- Prepare and submit relevant Environmental reports.
- Compile and maintain all relevant Environment related data for the Project.
- Conducting environmental monitoring for the project (Noise, Air Quality, water, etc.) as required and coordinating for device calibrations.
- Conducting environmental awareness trainings, induction, environmental drills and TBT’s as required
- Actively executes or assists in the investigating and reporting of all environmental incidents and near misses.
- Conduct regular audits of Contractor and Subcontractors
- Coordinating with authorities for acquiring relevant Environmental related permits (Environmental Clearance, Waste Management Permits, Dangerous Goods Permits etc.)
- Setup relevant measures and ensure compliance of the Environmental practices at the Project, in line with the Corporate IMS System.
- Perform Environmental Aspects & Impacts Assessment as per Project requirements.
- Assess Project environmental protection compliance and report findings to Project SHES Manager.
- Proactively initiate and implement Environmental initiatives at the Project.
- Attend Management, Client site walks, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and business etiquette to:
- Facilitate professional relationships and support the efficient execution of projects requirements;
- Realize a positive customer-oriented service experience and the bottom line by enhancing the environmental awareness and propose actions to improve the way operations are conducted
- Capable of handling a large, complex workload with minimum supervision, effectively coordinating multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to articulate and exchange information (i.e., requirements, actions, needs, status, etc.) in a professional tone and attitude to achieve efficient business rhythms.
- Capable technical writing and presentation / public speaking skills.
- A degree or equivalent in Environmental field is required;
- Have a minimum of 7 to 8 years of professional work experience in an Environmental field in Qatar, particularly working in Oil & Gas/Marine/Infrastructure Projects;
- Fluent in English and knowledge of Arabic is a plus;
- Have specialist knowledge on Environmental Permits and approval process, Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP), Environmental Management procedures, and knowledge on applicable national and international environmental laws, regulations and standards;
- Have a sound knowledge on identification, assessment, monitoring and management of air emissions, water and wastewater collection, treatment and disposal, energy management etc.
- Flexibility to travel within the GCC Countries is a MUST.
We believe our employees are key to our success, hence, we offer an inspiring working environment where our people feel rewarded & engaged. Career opportunities & training programs are offered to help you develop both personally and professionally and we offer attractive additional benefits to your monthly remuneration.