- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Entities: Watpac Construction
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Due to significant project wins Besix Watpac are looking for a experienced contract administrator to join our Victorian business. The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Proactively drive company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and procedures
- Establish an effective site or office-based system for the effective administration of projects in line with company procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure internal cost controls are being maintained.
- Arrange and run the trade package tendering process including compilation and approval of tender documents and proposed tender list, issue of documents, receipt of tenders, comparison of tenders and submission of tender recommendations for approval.
- Prepare contract documents for each trade package/subcontract.
- Administration of the projects financials through the companies cost management system.
- Participate in the submission of monthly consolidated reporting in the areas of cash flow forecasting, variation status, contractual matters and cost analysis.
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience
- Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management or relevant experience
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business with a particularly strong internal customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high-pressure environment
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity, candour and confidentiality in daily work ethic
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.