- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Entities: Watpac Construction
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Due to major project wins BESIX Watpac are looking for a Project Engineer to work on large scale projects within our NSW business. Duties will include;
- Proactively drive company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects.
- Contribute to improvements to existing designs.
- Arrange and oversee the letting of tenders.
- Assist with preparation of site construction budgets and reports.
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the site manager or project manager and attend site meetings
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in building/construction, or other recognised tertiary or trade qualification in a construction related field.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment.·
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Our benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.