Senior Design Manager - Specialty Services
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Entities: Watpac Construction
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 550 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
BESIX Watpac are seeking a Senior Design Manager to join our national Specialty Services team, specialising in the construction of food manufacturing and processing facilities. This role will manage the design and services coordination from initial concept through to construction documentation completion and assist during project construction. You will also play a key role in providing Business Development services for the division.
Key responsibility of this position include:
- Lead and manage consultants to deliver high quality design documentation on time, on budget as well as in compliance with the Project Brief.
- Contribute to the cost control and value optimisation of a project.
- Lead the review of the project design for regulatory and building compliance as well as coordination of services with the multi-discipline design subcontractors.
- Maintain design quality control management.
- Develop and maintain professional and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (clients, consultants, subcontractors).
- Assist stakeholders with strategies and investigation of project opportunities.
- Lead and coordinate the submission of final documentation, as constructed drawings, authority approvals, warranties and guarantees at handover of a project.
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant discipline.
- Experience in Design or Engineering Management delivering large scale D&C projects from commencement to completion within the food processing, pharmaceutical, distribution, manufacturing or relevant industries.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the external and internal business environment.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Our benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.